A lot of these questions I’ve been pondering on myself and to see someone else spark an interest in my own thoughts spooked me. In particular Sam and Crowley. But reading through some of those notes, some I didn’t agree on whilst others I so thought it was right. The only down side is no baby for Sam with Amelia please! Or even from a lady from when he was soulless. I was however interested in what they were saying regarding Metatron and Naomi. See what you think and forward a reply ASAP! Have fun toying with possible ideas for season 9. Then follow your reply with what you might think are possible thoughts for season 9, if yours isn’t listed. Bella is giving you something to chew on at least, so have some fun!
Sam’s health: after not finishing the trials, will Sam heal, or be permanently affected?
My theory: in Supernatural, every decision has consequences, and stopping the trials will come at a price. I think he will be slowly dying (or be given a time limit, with a slowly worsening condition), and they will need to somehow find a cure (since angels can’t heal him, it will have do be something different, and a major goal for both him and Dean.)
- Sam’s personal goals/happiness: Is he going to pursue building a new life as a man of letters? Is he going to resolve things with Amelia, or find a new love?
My theory: he is going to be too busy with other issues. Andythanfiction suggested in this post that Sam would become a father. I think that’s a great idea. Though I don’t think it would be demonspawn, but a human baby – possibly Amelia’s, who got pregnant by accident a few days before Don returned? Or one of Soulless!Sam’s affairs comes back to bite him in the ass. But why a baby for Sam, and not Dean? Because we already know Dean likes kids and knows how to deal with them, and the trope was used for him once already.
- Crowley: will the changes caused by Sam’s love injections be permanent? Since he’s not been completely cured (with the incantation and the blood sandwich), he’s obviously still a demon, but has the ordeal affected his powers? Will he be plagued by guilt and a newly developed conscience? What about his unexplored connection to Naomi?
My theory: he is going to be a prisoner/reluctant ally of Sam and Dean, at least for a part of the ninth season. And since Crowley is so vastly popular because of his snark: he’s going to be mostly himself, but with unexpected outbursts of compassion and sentimentality
- Sam & Crowley: one drop of demon blood bound Sam to Azazel. Will Sam’s blood, somehow, bind Crowley to him?
My theory: if anything like that occurs, it will only be a minor plotline.
- Naomi: dead, or not? pros are: pool of blood, obviously unresponsive the last time we see her, female character. Cons are: no imprint of wings; not killed by an angel blade; unresolved story line, why take the time to build her character as a mystery only to kill her before anything is explained?
My theory: she’s not dead, and will have a role to play – possibly as an ally to Sam and Dean
- Metatron: what is he going to do? Is he now controlling Naomi/has read her mind (tool in her head)? What are his goals?
My theory: his last line to Castiel was about stories. With that in mind, I almost think he might do something related to that, like steal the memories of the souls in heaven to keep them for hiimself, or create new monsters so that life becomes more exciting for humans on earth (more suffering and conflicts = greater stories). In any case, he is going to fuck things up in a major way that will not immediately be obvious.
- Castiel: now human. Is he going to stay that way? Will he have all his memories?
My theory: He will remember, because we already had amnesiac!Cas in season seven. He’s going to stay human at least for a while. They will probably spend a little time on the funnier aspects of him becoming human, but not too much; we had similar scenes in season five and seven (eating, sleeping, insanity). But I bet they will explore his sexuality, and chances are good that Dean will be involved, one way or another – for comedic relief, if nothing else. I have no idea what is going to happen to him – but I think it’s possible that he might die at one point to go back to heaven and find Metatron – to get back his grace and undo the spell (with a little help from Bobby, of course).
- The fallen angels: perhaps the most important element concerning the myth arc of season nine. Are they going to seek revenge, and hunt down Castiel? Are they going to wreak havoc amongst the humans?
My theory: I really don’t know, but I can imagine that their absence from heaven might have consequences – either for the human souls and their afterlife, or for the balance between earth, heaven and hell.
- Abaddon: is she going to rule hell? Will she be going after Sam and Dean for vengeance?
My theory: a tentative yes to both questions. I’m looking forward to see who they cast as a vessel.
- The tablet arc: is it going to continue? Are there other tablets (like a human tablet, or was that given to Moses back in the days?).
My theory: they will play a minor role, but I don’t think there will be another one.
- Recurring characters: are we going to see more of Garth, Charlie, Kevin, Sheriff Mills, Chrissy and her friends?
My theory: yes to all of them. I would love it if Sam and Dean started to build a new network of hunters and allies, like we’ve seen them do in season seven and eight and use the batcave as their headquarters. I would love it if Dean found his calling in becoming a teacher for hunters, along with Sam, only that he would teach the more practical things, like combat and shooting and how to con policemen. It’s practically a classic: think of the last season of Buffy, or Charmed. I think it’s no accident that Dean and Sam disvcovered the batcave, and that it is going to play a major part.
- Dean: is he going to have a serious love interest?
My theory: he will, and it is going to be Cas. Dean/Castiel will turn into a will they/won’t they storyline, and we will see Dean struggling with his feelings and his sexual identity. I would love it if Cas found out during the first half of the season that he is in love with Dean (more specifically, that he’s attracted to him and has feelings of a romantic nature for him), and either confronted Dean about it, or that Dean found out a different way. The alternative is for both of them to be clueless, until another confrontation ends with an unexpected kiss. However, after the confession/kiss (reveal of Destiel as a will they/won’t they storyline), shit goes down and Cas and Dean are separated for the rest of the season. I don’t think that Dean will have a serious female love interest – a one night stand, maybe, but not a relationship.
- Last, but not least: are they going to resolve the Lucifer/Michael/Adam story line?
My theory: they are not going to return there, that plot arc was finished with Swan Song. And if they do, it’s not going to be in season nine.